The Biblio Publishing Distribution Package ($295 per Title)
Biblio Publishing offers distribution of print books through Lightning Source, which is a subsidiary of Ingram, the largest book distributor in world. Lightning Source sends the data out to their distribution partners (including leading distributors such as Ingram, Baker & Taylor, Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com and others).
They then capture the demand from booksellers, libraries and consumers and they print to fill the orders. Lightning Source collects the revenues, deducts the print cost and other associated costs and pays the difference. Payments are made 90-120 days after the end of a reporting month.
The most obvious advantage to using the Lightning Source system is that they're association with the world's largest distributors. As an addition to your current method of marketing and distribution, it's a hands-free way to increase sales. Another advantage is that they print and send the copies of your books to fulfill orders and account for the sales. You don't have to worry about inventories, billing, or order fulfillment.
The Biblio Distribution Package Includes:
- Distribution through world's largest distributors--in US & UK through Ingram (With over 30,000 wholesalers, retailers and booksellers in over 100 countries including Barnes & Noble).
Lightning Source Distribution Partners:
Baker & Taylor
Barnes & Noble
Espresso Book Machine
Eden Interactive Ltd.
- Setup and submission of book files to Lightning Source system.
- Publisher/Author determine book price.
- Markup offered to resellers is set at 40%.
- No returns allowed.
- Author receives 30% of net revenue.
- 3 Years placement into the Digital Catalog entitles a publisher to the following services:
- Standardized BISAC subject coding with up to 3 subject categories.
- Detailed title listing in all daily catalogs Lightning Source provides to its US distribution partners* (e.g Ingram, Baker & Taylor, Amazon.com, etc.).
- Detailed title listing in all daily catalogs Lightning Source provides to its International distribution partners* (e.g Amazon UK, Whitakers/Bookdata, Gardners, etc.).
- Title summary (annotation) inclusion in our enhanced bibliographic catalog feed.
- Thumbnail cover image preparation and inclusion in our enhanced bibliographic catalog feed.
- Storage and backup of both title content and bibliographic data.
- Price and discount maintenance for publisher price changes.
- One time inclusion in Ingram Advance Catalog, a monthly catalog which is distributed to booksellers and libraries around the world.
- Orders by channels are printed and shipped within 3-5 business days.